Basic Aftercare Healing Tattoos Phoebus Studio. The life of your tattoo depends on how you take care of it within the first few days. Tattoos take about two weeks to heal and two more weeks to settle in.
Keep your tattoo bandaged on for two to four hours. Remove plastic wrap and wash tattoo with antibacterial soap and cold water. Rinse thoroughly and lightly pat dry with a clean towel.
DO NOT use bandages over your tattoo.
DO NOT use Vaseline or Petroleum Jelly.
DO NOT use Alcohol or Peroxide.
DO NOT use Neosporin.
DO NOT pick or scratch tattoo.
DO NOT soak tattoo in tub or shower. Get in, get clean, and get out.
Stay out of pools, hot tubs, oceans, etc. for at least two weeks. Keep fresh tattoos out of direct sunlight and/or tanning beds. With clean hands, apply a thin layer of lotion. For Florida weather with alot of moisture. Products like Hustle Butter, After Ink, Tattoo Goo, Aveeno’s Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion fragrance-free are gret for your Tattoo aftercare needs.
For States and areas with less moisture Lubiderm, and Aquaphor would be better for healing.
Do not let tattoo dry out. Should any seepage occur, gently dab off excess with a clean paper towel. If rash occurs or redness persists, discontinue use of ointment or lotion and call your doctor for further directions for tattoo aftercare.
Tattoo Aftercare Dermor Instructions
- The first piece of Dermor can be left on your new tattoo for 8 to 24 hours. If you notice excessive weeping or fluid
under the Dermor, replace it with a new piece.
- -At the 24-hour mark, remove the Saniderm gently. Wash the tattoo area with a mild antibacterial soap and allow the
area to dry. Once dry, apply a second sheet of Saniderm. This will stay on for up to 6 days and see you through the
- Helpful Tips
- -Do not use a washcloth, loofah, or sponge to clean your tattoo. These can be painful to clean a new tattoo with and
may harbor bacteria.
- -The best way to remove Dermor is to find an edge of the bandage and then to pull it back over itself in the direction
of hair growth. Pulling upward on the Dermor can be painful, so we don’t recommend it. We suggest removing the
Dermor in a warm shower. The warm water will loosen the adhesive and make it easier to remove.
- -Make sure that you properly apply the Dermor bandage (all edges are sealed) and leave at least 1 inch of buffer
area around the tattoo.
- -Rounding the corners before application will help reduce pulling or peeling of the adhesive edges.
- Can I shower while wearing it?
Dermor stays on skin even when immersed in water… so you’re able to shower as normal. It is waterproof, however excessive exposure to water should be avoided because it could weaken the adhesion
- How many pieces should I use?
We recommend using two to three pieces per tattoo, in order to allow ample time for healing. Your first piece may be used for 8-24 hours, and the next pieces should be used 1-6 days each, depending on how much fluid the tattoo weeps.
- Can I sunbathe with it on?
Dermor does not contain any kind of sun protection, so you should avoid prolonged sun or UV ray exposure. We do not recommend exposing your new tattoo to UV rays, ever – with or without Dermor. Even after your tattoo is fully healed, continue to use sun protection to maintain the integrity of your tattoo colors.
Tattoo aftercare. Electrum DERMOR Protective Dermal Armor is a soft, pliable, transparent bandage intended to protect your new tattoo. The breathable, waterproof bandage, when used properly, helps to prevent scabbing, fading, itching, loss of color, and improves healing time dramatically. A hypoallergenic film that is flexible and made to keep dirt and germs away from your expensive new body art. Non-irritating and eliminates the need for excessive washing and ointments.